About : Press
Want to help tell our story?
We welcome press requests at [email protected] or 617 780 9824, and can also put you directly in touch with staff, volunteers, or benefitting organizations. We are happy to provide photos for press use. We ask that you credit our volunteer photographers listed in the title of the photograph. Use our Photos for Press.
OPRAH MAGAZINE: Food with Thought, November 2014with 2.5 million circulation
"Eat for Equity is deliciously reinventing the charity dinner. Movable feasts can be challenging: In Tennessee, she fed 100 hungry people in 90-degree heat that melting her meringue. In between chopping vegetables and working the grill, Torgrimson tried but failed to save the dessert. 'These meals are far from perfect,' she says. 'But it's about the people, not the pavlova.'"
TODAY SHOW: Making a Difference with Homemade Meals, Thanksgiving Morning, November 24, 2011over 6 million viewers a day
"This table full of food celebrates something more - the spirit
of giving. And the meal is as much about community and
generosity as it is about food.... Cooking with care and for a
cause - what Emily believes matters most in this spirit of
EAT FOR EQUITY FOUNDER WANTS TO TURN DINERS INTO DONORS - APRIL 2015
"A budding social entrepreneur has garnered national attention for using food to connect people and worthy causes. "
Food-focused nonprofits cater to socially conscious couples
"A trio of Twin Cities food nonprofits eager to satisfy the appetites of a growing number of socially conscious consumers has branched out into the catering business.
See and Be Seen – And Eat, Too, August 18, 2011with 1.3 million readers a week
"Guests of the dinner agree that Eat for Equity provides
specific giving opportunities that appeal to them.’I'm
interested in the combination of altruism and hedonism,’
said Bill White, 23. ‘You help someone by enjoying
NBC's KARE 11: November 14, 2014
"Our favorite foodie, Beth Dooley, stopped by to tell us about Eat for Equity, which is publishing a FREE online Thanksgiving cookbook. The idea is for you to host a Thanksgiving that Gives Back!
The cookbook's recipes are scaled for 8, 20 or 50 people — so you can go as big as you'd like — "What I love most about this cookbook is the very helpful guidelines — it gives step by step suggestions for shopping, prepping ahead, and getting others involved.""
PEOPLE OF THE YEAR 2015: THE GIVER
"EMILY TORGRIMSON THROWS GIANT DINNER PARTIES FOR CHARITY"
A Monthly Dinner Party Fuels Community Giving, May 14, 2012with 300,000 visitors a month
"A feast cooked from scratch is usually enough to impress
hungry dinner party guests...For nonprofit group Eat for Equity,
though, the food is just a prelude to the night ahead. Each
themed dinner—complete with drinks, a DJ, and interesting
company—benefits a different nonprofit and impacts social
change by cultivating a culture of community and giving."
- Advances from the School of Public Health - Food for Thoughtfulness, Winter 2012
- Bluff Country Reader - Eat for Equity Going National
- The Cap Times
- City Pages Blog - Hearty Helping of Community, Anyone?
- Coop MIX
- Edible Twin Cities - Cooking for a Cause – Eat for Equity Combines Natural Foods Dining, Fund-Raising
- Fillmore County Journal - Preston Native Gives Back to Her Community Through Food
- Fresh News
- Heritage Radio - Eat for Equity At Bonnaroo
- Hey Stamford - Eat for Equity Event to Support Kids in Crisis
- The Humble Palate
- It's Relevant - Hungry to Help Others
- It's Relevant - Eat for Equity Comes to Stamford
- The Line
- Madison Commons - Eat for Equity Fundraising Dinners Take Off in Madison
- News Leader - The local chapter of Eat for Equity helps raise money for local charities
- News-Record - Fillmore Central Grad Establishes Non-Profit Organization to Build Communities Through Food
- OMNOMCT - Local Change, One Meal at a Time
- OMNOMCT - Eat for Equity Heats up the Kitchen in Stamford
- Pollen - Learning to Step Away
- Pop Matters - American Eats: Locavore Bonnaroo as Pop Community
- Plymouth Sun Sailor - Two Sisters Host Event in their Neighboring Backyards
- Rochester Post-Bulletin
- Simple, Good and Tasty - A Fundraiser for the People
- Springfield News Leader
- Stamford Magazine
- Twin Cities Daily Planet - Minnesota’s Eat for Equity project goes national
- TC Foodies - Do You Know About Eat for Equity?
- Urban Farm Magazine
- Urban Foodie - Eat for Equity