posted: Monday, June 25th, 2012
Photo by Allison Stewart
Ingredients (makes 1 pie, serves 8 – 10)
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 sticks butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temp
posted in by: eating
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. For crust: Add melted butter and graham cracker crumbs together until a crust forms. Press into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- For filling: Combine milk and heavy cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Watch carefully and once it begins to simmer, remove from heat and add in chocolate. Stir with a spatula until chocolate is melted and smooth, then whisk in sugar and salt.
- In separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Slowly add eggs to chocolate mixture while whisking. Pour chocolate filling into the graham crusted pie plate. Bake filling for about 20 minutes, or until the chocolate is set and its surface glossy. It should be just slightly jiggly when you pull it out.
- Top pie with as many marshmallows as will fit. Place under broiler for about 2 minutes or until marshmallows are golden. Let cool then place in fridge for 1 to 2 hours before cutting. Spray a knife with non-stick spray before each slice, otherwise just spoon out and eat.