Sylvan Esso Whatever’s Clever Vinaigretteposted: Saturday, December 22nd, 2018
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger (add more to taste)
- 1 minced shallot (depends on strength, but maybe 2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar (sub whatever kind of vinegar you want, start small and add to taste)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (again feel free to sub out for avocado or whatever delicious oil you’re into)
- pinch of good salt
- black pepper to taste
- squeeze of lemon juice if you’re feeling it
Before we even start, you have to know that none of these measurements are exact. Shallots all have different strengths! Mustards vary wildly! Sometimes ginger root is super tasty and sometimes it’s weird and has kinda been sitting in the produce section for a long time! Everything here should be to taste, and everything here can be swapped out for something that suits the meal more appropriately or for whatever you may have handy.
This is just a simple vinaigrette, do what you feel.
Take the ginger, shallot, mustard, vinegar, and lemon juice if you’re using it, and put them in a small sealable jar and shake them for a little while. Then add the oil slowly bit by bit and keep shaking as it emulsifies, adding the salt and pepper whenever you like.
Keep adding oil until you like how it tastes. You can refrigerate it for quite a while, at least a few weeks.posted in eating