Eat for Equity Boston: Community Change, Inc.posted: Thursday, February 12th, 2015
Eat for Equity-Boston is happy to announce our latest fundraising community dinner, which will support Community Change, Inc. and its 45+ year mission of educating and organizing for racial equity in the Boston area.
CCI is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote racial justice and equity by challenging systemic racism and acting as a catalyst for anti-racist action and learning. CCI was founded in 1968 following the publication of the US Kerner Commission Report on Civil Disorders and works today with a multi-racial constituency to equip people with the knowledge and skills necessary to take effective action, to support movement building tied to an action agenda, and to educate policy makers on institutional racism and its public policy implications.
More about CCI at www.communitychangeinc.org.
– Saturday, February 28
– Millstone Cooperative House, Morrison Ave, Davis Square, Somerville
– $15-$20 suggested donation (more if you can, less if you can’t)
– Can’t attend? Consider supporting CCI online
– All proceeds from the event will benefit CCI
Details forthcoming. All dishes are vegetarian.
WANT TO VOLUNTEER?
– We have several slots open to help cook, greet guests, take donations, serve, set up and clean up. Please add your name to our sign-up sheet if you can help us with these duties.
Email Rebecca at [email protected].