Production Line Cookposted: Saturday, May 6th, 2023
Ready to leave the restaurant world hustle but still want to stay in food? Want to be creative with food and bring new menus to production every week? Looking for work-life balance, a better schedule, and an inclusive, welcoming kitchen?
- Ideal work week schedule with nights off and 3-day weekends. We produce from Monday – Thursday, 9 – 5.
- Benefits include PTO, paid 30 minute lunch breaks, staff family meals
- Starting compensation $18 / hour with shared tips averaging an additional $2+ an hour.
PURPOSE: Eat for Equity Catering seeks an experienced and creative cook to contribute to a large volume sustainable food business. We produce ~400 prepared meals a week for purchase through our sliding scale weekly meal box program, with menu options changing each week to incorporate as much local and organic food as possible. Eat for Equity Catering currently produces 700-800 or more meals a week for distribution to neighbors in need through Kitchen Coalition, a project of Second Harvest Heartland.
- Work independently and as part of a team to prep assigned menu items, with menu changing each week
- Properly follow and adapt recipes for large volume menu items. For example, braising, chopping, roasting 50-100 lbs. of ingredients at a time.
- Work quickly and efficiently with time, ingredients, and equipment to meet production goals.
- Follow all personal hygiene, safety and sanitation rules and regulations. Store and properly handle raw or prepared foods and non-food supplies consistent with local health department guidelines. Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen at all times.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to follow written recipes and oral instructions and procedures in English.
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to multi-task preparing recipes and troubleshooting while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Positive interpersonal relations and proactive communication skills.
- Servsafe Food Handler Certification (preferred, but if you do not have it we will facilitate your training) and knowledge of practices, i.e. temps and procedures
- 2 Years cooking or volume food preparation experience
- Ability to be on feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Availability during 9 am – 5 pm on Monday – Thursdays.
Job available starting immediately. Compensation depending on experience, but starting wage is $18 / hour plus tips.
All are welcome to apply. To apply, email your resume to Marisol at [email protected].
About Eat for Equity Catering
Eat for Equity Catering promotes and models equitable and sustainable food sourcing, provides access to conscious food choices, and uses catering to support local nonprofit causes. Eat for Equity Catering is a benefit corporation which began as a project of the nonprofit Eat for Equity. Both organizations are women-run and have a diverse, creative, and hardworking staff. eatforequity.org/catering.
About Eat for Equity
Eat for Equity builds a culture of generosity through sustainable community feasts. We invite people to come together to eat, drink, give what they can, and raise thousands of dollars for other nonprofit causes. Eatforequity.orgposted in eating